The Davis County Hospital Auxiliary was founded in 1950 with the goal of spreading goodwill and good health.
To serve the community through the hospital.
They aid by interesting the community in Davis County Hospital:
In securing and coordinating volunteer services for the hospital.
In providing necessary furnishings, equipment and aid where possible.
The Davis County Hospital Auxiliary provides services to the employees, patients and visitors at Davis County Hospital. Those recent projects include:
- Teddy Bears for pediatric patients who receive services at Davis County Hospital including emergency room visits, radiology procedures and surgery.
- Sterling silver baby spoons for all new babies born at Davis County Hospital, as well as crocheted baby hats.
- Sponsors two annual scholarships to Davis County High School seniors who will be continuing their education in the medical field.
- Has helped purchase a steam table for the Long Term Care and dietary department, furniture for the outpatient lobby, and robes and towels for the acute care department.
Memberships are open to anyone desiring to assist in the program. The membership fee is $4.00 and is paid annually in June. A lifetime membership may be purchased at a cost of $100.
Auxiliary Gift Shop:
The gift shop is located in the hospital outpatient lobby. The gift shop is staffed by dedicated volunteers. These individuals log over 1,500 hours each year to assure the gift shop runs smoothly. The shop carries a variety of items including: jewelry, collectibles, Bloomfield and Davis County pottery, candles, snacks & more.
Hours are Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. and occasional weekends and evenings. New volunteers are encouraged and welcomed.
Contact the Auxiliary Liaison at 641-664-7087 if you would like more information about volunteering.
Davis County Hospital Auxiliary Officers and Committees
- President – Presides over all meetings, calls special meetings, and signs official documents.
- Vice President – In the absence of the president will perform all duties.
- Secretary – Keeps all minutes and conducts correspondence.
- Treasurer – Custodian of funds, keeps records of receipts and disbursements, pays all orders, reports at all meetings.
- Gift Shop – Oversees the buying and management of the gift shop and secures volunteers to work.
- Auditing Committee – The committee is appointed 30 days prior to annual and audits and reports at the annual meeting.
- Membership Committee: Responsible for building the membership.
- Publicity – Responsible for keeping the community informed of the activities of the organization.